Sunday, November 23, 2008

...a magical topiary garden.

I have been fascinated with topiary's since I was a little girl. I think what got me started was the "It's a Small World" ride at Disneyland. Sitting in the little boat waiting to enter that world, I was transformed by the green plants coaxed to grow into all sorts of animal shapes. Giraffes, elephants balancing on their heads, dolphins, and even a moose. I just couldn't understand why we couldn't get our plants to grow like that at home. Apparently Mom just wasn't gardening correctly!
Here is a great collection from my trip to
Longwood Gardens. Much more grown up shapes than the animals of Disney, but no less magical.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat!
Oh thank you for your sweet comment on flickr:)
Always nice know which of my flickr friends are Bloggers too!
I am with you... I love the look of a topiary in a garden. I think the first time I saw a topiary I was at Disneyland!!!!...many years ago...well to many to mention! lol
Happy Thanksgiving:)
KayEllen

As Seen Thru My Eyes said...

these are wonderful!! thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails