Wednesday, December 24, 2008

... a Merry Christmas

I think I have always loved Christmas Eve most of all.
The evening would begin with "Cocktails and Hor devours", non-alcoholic of course, for me and my brother. Growing up in the 60's we were the byproduct of every entertaining Kraft recipe that Mom could recreate. I loved the special spread made of Spam, complete with the pimento Christmas bow and mini rye bread to spread it on. I wouldn't even glance twice at that royal blue tin now, but when you were 6 or 7, sharing that with the grown-ups while drinking punch made of Seven-up and rainbow sherbet, frothing in a silver lined crystal punch bowl, believe me, you felt pretty special. I have that punch bowl today and it seems so much smaller than when I was 7, but it still holds precious memories.

What ever new memories or old traditions you and your family or friends are creating tonight and tomorrow, may they hold a special place in your heart.
I want to thank everyone that has stopped by since I started this endeavor a few months ago. Your kind comments and support has meant the world to me and inspired me to continue to do something creative each and every day.
I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas.
Warmly, Pat and Lexie.

5 comments:

Elaine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elaine said...

Thanks for sharing your childhood memory. I remember Spam. My mom used to make me eat it and I really disliked it.

Your dog is adorable and she poses so nicely for you!

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Pat!
Your tree is beautiful...and what a sweet dog:)

Blessing to you!

Kay

Anonymous said...

hi pat,
spam memories.. i have them to although it was usually cooked.
hope your christmas was wonderful!
that is such a great pix of lexie in front of the tree.. she is a beauty.
have a happy, healthy new year!
xo
lp

RobinfromCA said...

Thanks for sharing those memories. I grew up in the late fifties and early sixties. I think we had it pretty good back then. Lexie is a sweetie.

Robin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails