Sunday, March 1, 2009

...a Sunday afternoon in "blogland".


Another rainy Sunday, and I woke up with absolutely no direction to the day. Didn't get out of my PJ's until around 1:00, and didn't even make my bed! I wouldn't have even left the house if my best friend hadn't called and coaxed me out for my favorite, Peppermint Mocha. There we sat for a few hours solving the worlds crisis, coming up with different ideas for businesses that would get us out of what we currently do, swapping recipes, vowing to get healthy, exercise more (OK actually start exercising) and exchanging heartwarming stories about our dogs. I, of course will be the next Martha Stewart, and she the female Dog Whisperer. We would ride out the recession/depression doing what we love; young at heart, thin, and with enough money in the bank to keep us shopping!
Absolutely motivated I went back home and got on the computer. But rather than start a project of my own, I found myself traveling through the world of "Blogland" as I like to call it. One site would lead me to another, and another, and than another. I found myself immersed in a community filled with inspiration and creativity. It truly is amazing the collective amount of talent that fills this world of ours. Woman who have children, jobs, pets, single, married, or beginning to start over. All of them finding a niche that is uniquely theirs. For some it's a livelihood and others a hobby, but all of them going at it with a unified creative passion. I have listed some of my favorites here on my blog.
One afternoon when you find yourself with some time, do yourself a favor and visit some of these amazing women.
I guarantee you will walk away richer than when you sat down.
Have a really great week!

4 comments:

As Seen Thru My Eyes said...

I love your posts, Pat.....I love your photos and these graphics and the way that you form your thoughts and write your words. You really have a talent for it.
You are a Pat McIntosh....much more special than a Martha Stewart. More current, relevant, unique and so special.

Abby Lanes said...

The idea of spending the day in my jammies is wonderful. I can tell you had a wonderful time with your friend. Blogs are a marvelous tool for travel aren't they?

Cafe Pasadena said...

I've actually had a Peppermint Mocha. Not bad, although us K9's prefer it with a bit more peppermint to it.

This was a comfort post by you! I gotta stop by more often when I'm in your hood cking out your trees while watching the other dogs go wild.

RobinfromCA said...

I love your description of your time with your friend. My friends and I do the same thing - solve all the world's problems. If they would only listen to us everything would be just fine! :-)

Robin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails