Tuesday, September 1, 2009

...the Farmer's Market (part three)



Flaky, buttery, crisp, chewy, savory and sweet. I'll take one of each! From the wonderful croissants to the incredible focaccia combinations, nothing beats the bread booth at the market. His combinations are amazing from the Blue Cheese Walnut bread to the Kalamata Olive Piccolo. I can never leave without something and try to choose something different each week. There is something so romantic leaving with a baguette sticking out of my straw bag, some sunflowers, fresh greens and a bottle of wine.
Kind of makes me feel like I've spent the morning in Tuscany,or Provence...
and I didn't even need a plane ticket.

2 comments:

RobinfromCA said...

You just painted such a wonderful picture! I don't drink the wine (more for you!) but all the rest sounds good! Of course, I'm sure that there are some peaches somewhere in that bag! :-)

Elaine said...

Oh yum, there's nothing like fresh bread. That blue cheese walnut one sounds wonderful.

I love farmer's markets and I love supporting local businesses.

You can eat just as well as the french and as you said no plane ticket needed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails