Tuesday, December 21, 2010

...the package.


I always love card shopping and am always finding new ones to add to my collection. I look at them as individual pieces of art. I feel a little guilty though, especially at the holidays, sending one that I didn't make myself. So...I try to incorporate them into the gifts that I make each year. This year I found 2 cards that were just perfect for giving all my baked treasures. After all...it's all in the packaging. And those who know me best, know that I am a sucker for packaging! The card above, with the mouse baking and the great sentiment,was just too perfect on top of the boxes I gave as gifts to my friends who were at the Christmas Dinner. The smaller version below worked out great for the girls from the book club. I had found the card during the summer and it summed up our "No Guilt Book Club" perfectly!
Use the outside of the box as a template for the bottom layer of decorative paper.
I used small mini muffin paper liners to hold the cookies.
Layer the heaviest cookies on the bottom. I used my Toffee Bars.

Cut a piece of chip board the same size as the bottom decorative layer. This will act as the bottom of the next layer of cookies. I used a round decorative punch to cut out a section on the side. This makes it easier to remove and get to the layer below.
Use the lightest cookies for the top layer. If your box is deep enough for additional layers, just start from heaviest to lightest. These are sugar cookie snowflakes and Nighty Nights!


Use what ever card or decorative paper suits the occasion for the top of the box, tie with a bow and your done! There are plenty of box companies out there on line to choose from. I've found that Paper Source has a really great selection of interesting shapes and sizes and have a substantial weight to them. Not especially expensive either. Baked gifts are such a treat and take time, energy, and love...however you choose to gift them should be as special as what is inside. Happy baking, and Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

pve design said...

so clever....
pve

Splendid Sass said...

This is great! Thank you for sharing.
Teresa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails